By Virgil Miedema,Stephanie Spaid Miedema
Read Online or Download Mussoorie and Landour: Footprints of the Past PDF
Similar asian history books
Offering state-of-the-art scholarship devoted to exploring the emergence and articulation of modernity in colonial South Asia, this ebook builds upon and extends fresh insights into the constitutive and a number of tasks of colonial modernity. Eschewing the trendy binaries of resistance and collaboration, the participants search to re-conceptualize modernity as an area and transitive perform of cultural conjunction.
Within the chic Perversion of Capital Gavin Walker examines the japanese debate approximately capitalism among the Nineteen Twenties and Fifties, utilizing it as a "prehistory" to contemplate present discussions of asymmetric improvement and modern issues in Marxist thought and historiography. Walker locates the debate's end result within the paintings of Uno Kozo, whose investigations into the improvement of capitalism and the commodification of work strength are crucial for rethinking the nationwide query in Marxist idea.
Who will get to talk for China? in the course of the interwar years, while American condescension towards China yielded to fascination with all issues chinese language, a circle of writers sparked an unheard of dialog over U. S. -Chinese kin. Hua Hsu tells how they turned ensnared in sour rivalries over who may perhaps declare the name of top China specialist.
It is a tale approximately love (hadomi), the paintings of mourning (lutu, kore metan), and song in East Timor (Timor Leste). it's a trip at the paintings of grieving by myself and mourning jointly, being a soloist and an accompanist (both in song and in life). How does one reconcile the wishes of the self sufficient, person self to that of the relational, social self?
- Heritage Politics: Shuri Castle and Okinawa’s Incorporation into Modern Japan, 1879–2000 (AsiaWorld)
- Ethics for Governance: Reinventing Public Services
- Rabindranath Tagore in South-East Asia: Culture, Connectivity and Bridge Making
- Organizing Crime in Chinatown: Race and Racketeering in New York City, 1890–1910
- The United States and China in Power Transition - Chinese History, Uyghurs, Sun Yat-Sen, Taiwan, Spratly and Senkaku Islands, Tibet, Dalai Lama, Xinjiang, Han Chinese
- Okinawan War Memory: Transgenerational Trauma and the War Fiction of Medoruma Shun (Asia's Transformations: Literature and Society)
Additional info for Mussoorie and Landour: Footprints of the Past