By Anke Holler,Katja Suckow
Traditionally, anaphor answer fascinated by structural cues of the antecedent. lately, the interplay among discourse components and data constitution affecting antecedent salience has been extra completely explored. This quantity depicts chosen peer-reviewed study papers that take on concerns in anaphor solution from theoretical, empirical and experimental views. those gathered articles current a large spectrum of cross-linguistic facts (Dutch, German, Spanish, Turkish, Yurakaré) and likewise supply new effects from L1 and L2 acquisition experiences. facts interpretation span from typological to psycholinguistic viewpoints and are with regards to fresh advancements in linguistic idea. One information research places the difficulty of anaphor solution in a old context. The experimental findings are complemented by means of experiences of the present literature at the position of discourse units.
This quantity provides a complete assessment of the country of debate how the interplay among details constitution and contextual discourse impacts salience. that is why it will likely be welcomed via all linguists and psycholinguists who're theoretically and / or experimentally investigating a number of facets of anaphor resolution.
Read Online or Download Empirical Perspectives on Anaphora Resolution (Linguistische Arbeiten) PDF
Similar linguistics books
"[. .. ] un ouvrage qui devrait devenir un classique des études métriques. "Jean-Louis Aroui in: Canadian magazine of Linguistics 3/2007
Quantity I of Edward Sapir’s accrued Works comprises the reedition of Sapir’s papers and studies regularly linguistics, within the philosophy of language and linguistics (the foundation of language; common semantics; the development of a world auxiliary language), in addition to his articles on ‘language’ and ‘dialect’ written for the Encyclopedia of Social Sciences.
First released in 1997. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
This booklet offers a thorough flip in moment Language Acquisition study by means of introducing a conceptual paradigm that demanding situations rationalist, instrumental and empiricist methods to language studying idea. It argues for a shift in concentration from measuring the effectiveness of language studying methods to humanising the language studying event.
- Translating Official Documents (Translation Practices Explained)
- Adnominale Infinitivkonstruktionen im modernen Russischen: Semantische und syntaktische Analyse (German Edition)
- Diglossia and Power: Language Policies and Practice in the 19th Century Habsburg Empire (Language, Power and Social Process [LPSP])
- Word-Formation: An International Handbook of the Languages of Europe: Volume 5 (Handbücher zur Sprach- und Kommunikationswissenschaft / Handbooks of Linguistics and Communication Science (HSK))
- Change of Paradigms – New Paradoxes: Recontextualizing Language and Linguistics (Applications of Cognitive Linguistics [ACL])
Extra resources for Empirical Perspectives on Anaphora Resolution (Linguistische Arbeiten)